ADG3300 Low Voltage 1.15 V to 5.5 V, 8-Channel Bidirectional Logic Level Translator
The ADG3300 is a bidirectional logic level translator that contains eight bidirectional channels. It can be used in multivoltage digital system applications such as data transfer between a low voltage DSP/controller and a higher voltage device. The internal architecture allows the device to perform bidirectional logic level translation without an additional signal to set the direction of the translation.
The voltage applied to VCCA sets the logic levels on the A side of the device, while VCCY sets the levels on the Y side. For proper operation, VCCA must always be less than VCCY. The VCCA-compatible logic signals applied to the A side of the device appear as VCCY-compatible levels on the Y side. Similarly, VCCY-compatible logic levels applied to the Y side of the device appear as VCCA-compatible logic levels on the A side.
The enable pin provides three-state operation of the Y side pins. When the enable pin (EN) is pulled low, the A1 to A8 pins are internally pulled down by 6 kΩ resistors, while the Y terminals are in the high impedance state. The EN pin is referred to VCCA supply voltage and driven high for normal operation.
The ADG3300 is available in a compact 20-lead TSSOP package, and it is guaranteed to operate over the 1.15 V to 5.5 V supply voltage range and extended −40°C to +85°C temperature range.
- Bidirectional level translation.
- Fully guaranteed over the 1.15 V to 5.5 V supply range.
- No direction pin.
- 20-lead TSSOP package.
- Low Voltage ASIC Level Translation
- Smart Card Readers
- Cell Phones and Cell Phone Cradles
- Portable Communications Devices
- Telecommunications Equipment
- Network Switches and Routers
- Storage Systems (SAN/NAS)
- Computing/Server Applications
- Portable POS Systems
- Low Cost Serial Interfaces
Features and Benefits
- Bidirectional Level Translation
- Operates from 1.15 V to 5.5 V
- Low Quiescent Current <1 μA
- No Direction Pin