ADN4665 3 V, LVDS, Quad, CMOS Differential Line Driver
The ADN4665 is a quad-channel, CMOS, low voltage differential signaling (LVDS) line driver offering data rates of over 400 Mbps (200 MHz) and ultralow power consumption.
The device accepts low voltage TTL/CMOS logic signals and converts them to a differential current output of typically ±3.5 mA for driving a transmission medium such as a twisted pair cable. The transmitted signal develops a differential voltage of typi-cally ±350 mV across a termination resistor at the receiving end. This voltage is converted back to a TTL/CMOS logic level by an LVDS receiver.
The ADN4665 also offers active high and active low enable/ disable inputs (EN and overbar: EN). These inputs control all four drivers and turn off the current outputs in the disabled state to reduce the quiescent power consumption to typically 10 mW. The ADN4665 offers a new solution to high speed, point-to-point data transmission and offers a low power alternative to emitter-coupled logic (ECL) or positive emitter-coupled logic (PECL).
- Backplane data transmission
- Cable data transmission
- Clock distribution
Features and Benefits
- ±15 kV ESD protection on output pins
- 400 Mbps (200 MHz) switching rates
- 100 ps typical differential skew
- 400 ps maximum differential skew
- 2 ns maximum propagation delay
- 3.3 V power supply
- ±350 mV differential signaling
- Low power dissipation (13 mW typical)
- Interoperable with existing 5 V LVDS receivers
- High impedance on LVDS outputs on power-down
- Conforms to TIA/EIA-644 LVDS standards
- See data sheet for additional features